Thread: Caliper Paint
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 06:10 AM   #5
WhipE350
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveboot
So, I've got a 2000 base Boxster, and the red paint on the calipers is very badly flaking. Underneath I can see the bare metal, and what looks like PORSCHE in white lettering. Is that the original finish, raw metal whith white letters and a PO has simply painted them red? I think I'm just going to go after the red with a wire brush and stripper and try to bring them to a high shine....

Steve
Hi Steve, ya looks like someone painted red over your base Boxster calipers. Just sand them down good and smooth and start over. I did mine recently and they came out great. Search my name I think I talked about the process I used and some pics. If you are taking the calipers off then it will be really easy. I did mine just removing from wheel carrier so I had a little bit better access. I also found VHT is much easier to work with then Dupli-color...at least in drying time. Also the VHT red is much more of a match in color. I haven't tried the other brands. As for stickers I think I listed the source I used in a previous post. After I put the stickers on I used a clear engine paint to protect them and give a fantastic glossy look.
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote