View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 05:35 PM   #20
tonycarreon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank M
You probably have to somehow mount your rear view mirror on the dash for better rear visibilty.

would probably make it a little closer to its inspiration, but no thanks.

(* i know the 550 didn't come with a rearview mirror, but i like this pic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlim8
I was parked beside a 03 box s yesterday so had a chance to compare the glass size. Surprisingly it was quite a lot smaller - by at least almost 3" narrower. Don't know if it's a Porsche top or aftermarket though.
porsche included the glass top in the 03 model. look for the "ribs" in the top. if there are 3, then it's an aftermarket top. if there are 4, it's the newer top, which allows the window to folder up a little better than the GAHH / aftermarket tops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuanle16
on side note, is "acoustic" a huge difference. my existing top is grey and for the acoustic one, it only comes in black. should i stick with my grey or go black acoustic. same price, but i like my grey.
i can't say for sure since i have never had the non-acoustic top installed. from what i understand the material is a little thicker and maybe a tighter weave to provide more sound dampening. if you don't have a headliner you'll want to get one since that should help with the sound as well. of course if a little road noise doesn't bother you... i have a black car so i only wanted a black top. take a look online for some grey / black boxsters and see what you think. i also have no idea about autotopsdirect. from what i hear they're pretty much the same as a GAHH... just preference i guess.

Last edited by tonycarreon; 04-09-2011 at 05:42 PM.
tonycarreon is offline   Reply With Quote