View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 06:28 PM   #1
iluvboxsters

Taking my car to the shop.......

I have 4 issues with the car that definitely need to be dealt with. Anyone have any idea how much it will cost? I haven't gotten the official estimate yet my mechanic is waiting for me to bring it in but I know it will cost quite a bit and I'm trying to save for it.

Most important #1 = Brakes
Apparently they have 20% left (all around) and the rotors need to be changed. Although I would like a second opinion before I give the go ahead because the cost of 4 rotors is quite high (I can get 4 OEM brake pads for 250, but rotors are difficult to find for cheaper than retail).

#2 = Convertible roof = When I press the roof button the cover comes up, the roof does not catch and if the button is continually depressed the cover will just retreat back to the closed position. Must be the 2nd motor.

#3 = Temp control = It doesn't work at all, I have a feeling it's the unit as my brother spilled some sort of syrup substance that got into all the buttons.

#4 = water leak = This one problem I don't understand. I was told that there was a leak on the drivers side, when it rains heavy that water will get into the car and into the electrical system. My mechanic checked it out today when I took it for a checkup and he said he couldn't see anything but still not sure wha the culprit could be.

Depending on how much it will cost, the brakes and water leak are 2 things I will 100% get done. The convertible roof still works manually (press the button until the cover reaches climax, manually pull off the roof and close the cover) and the temp control is only an issue in the winter (or really hot days). My mechanic is very fair but I have a feeling this job will cost ALOT of money.
iluvboxsters is offline   Reply With Quote