View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 12:38 AM   #5
shlim8

I had a similar problem with my 2001 2.7 box (euro specs). The engine wouldn't turn over but all the dash lights would come on as normal and I can unlock/lock the car as normal.

The error in my case was "key not recognized" or something like that - an immobilizer warning message... my mechanic pried open my key and cleaned the transponder (little capsule thing) and the viola... the engine turned over and started...

HOWEVER, it happened again (again when I was at my mechanic's workshop... strange) and would start only after 10 mins of trying (and doing the same trick afew times).

Once the car got started again... I drove straight into the OPC and they cloned a new key for me... No problem since....

Check to see if you have the same warning codes .... else it could be the ignition switch. Or if you have a spare key, try that key to start the car... in my case, both times, my spare key was 300 over km away !!

And oh.. in my case, when the car wouldn't start... the led on the center of the dashboard flashed differently when you lock the car (or unlock.. I forget). Quick flashes... before setting down to it's normal slow occasional flashes.

Last edited by shlim8; 04-05-2011 at 12:44 AM.
shlim8 is offline   Reply With Quote