View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 01:12 PM   #6
j.fro
Rennzenn

Garage
I chose the Stage 3 Plus after a lengthy conversation with Spec about my car and how I use it. It is primarily an autocross car. Funny, I purchased my Spec through, I think, Vivid racing, and the price was better than what Spec themselves offered. As well, I think the Stage 3 Plus was cheaper than the Stage 2. When they sent the clutch, the unit I originally received was solid, and I had to send it back in exchange for the sprung unit. Even with the sprung clutch, I've got lots of chatter.

FYI, the job was long, but not particularly difficult. I did it in my garage with the car on jack stands. Record all of the bolts' locations! Holy cow, Porsche uses a lot of different fasteners for what appear to be similar uses. I used an Aasco FW, which includes FW bolts, which fortunately are not torque-to-yield. Simple red loctite + 60 lb/ft and you're good to go. I bled the clutch slave cylinder before hooking it back up to the trans, and now engagement is pretty high. I think I will re-bleed with he hope that engagement becomes more towards the middle of the pedal's travel. The Gbox detent was $100 and it's probably the best bang for the buck. I'm using a Schnell Short shifter that's seen over 100K through 2 different cars, but now it feels more precise than a new stock shifter in a stock trans.
j.fro is offline   Reply With Quote