Thread: OEM Battery
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 03:16 PM   #9
Spinnaker

I bought a DieHard about a year ago. The price for the Duralast was about the same, but the closest Autozone was about 7 miles and the Sears was only about 1½ miles away.
Being lazy, I went for the Diehard. The last one I bought for the van lasted for 9 years, so I have had good luck with them. Perfect fit and came with the vent tube also. The DieHard is even a bit smaller in size than the OEM Moll, so it saves some weight.
Got a cheap maintainer at Harbor Freight and wired on a cigarette lighter plug so I don't have to clip it onto the battery terminals. If you catch it on sale, they are only about $5. I know they probably aren't the highest quality maintainer out there, but what the heck, I can buy 10 of them and still be money ahead compared to the cost of a Battery Tender or the Porsche version. The longest I have gone without driving it was 1½ months, so far no issues.
3X Water Pump, Clear side markers, Crios Mod, Front engine mount, Flywheel, clutch, RMS, AOS, MAF, serpentine belt, power brake vacuum line, battery, 2X CV boots, Fuel filter, Oil filler tube, 3X ignition switch, 90K service, gas cap
Spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote