Thread: Excise Tax
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 06:17 PM   #1
Johnny Danger

Garage
Excise Tax

I made my way over to the local tax collector's office today to pay the yearly excise tax on the Dangermobile . Each year I can't help but think how this is just another form of legalized extortion on the part of Uncle Sugar to "keep the man down" . If the premise of the law is to impose a tax in order to defray the costs associated with road repair,maintenance and general wear and tear, then why not come up with a formula that establishes a tax rate based on the type of vehicle that will likely cause this kind of damage, rather than penalizing people for having presumably newer, nicer vehicles (i.e. gentler on the roads) by levying steep taxes based on their valuation . Ooops ! I may have just made a value judgement on society ! Hold on, my phone is ringing. Could it be the Great Messiah Mr. Obama himself calling ? Maybe its Geithner or Bernanke ? Nah, they don't pay taxes. Could it be Sarah ? You know Russia is only about 3,000 miles from my back yard ! I bet that its Michael Vick, and he needs a ride to the vet .......