View Single Post
Old 08-15-2005, 08:35 PM   #1
xavier405

engine stutter at 3000rpm, O2 sensor?

Hey all, thanks for being out there to hear my question. I got a 2002 Boxster Tiptronic, 33kmi.

Two weeks ago:
CEL came on, got a code P1130: "Oxygen Sensor Adaptation Idle Bank #2". After a few days of driving with no problems, the engine got all messed up and sputtered and coughed with anything above 2000rpm. Man it was bad! I reset the engine (off then on) and the problems stopped and it was okay to cruise back to the dealer. The repair was a replaced MAF sensor. Finally, the car was back working okay!

Today:
I notice an engine stutter when going through 3000rpm in 3rd gear.
1st gear - zips right up to redline no problem
2nd gear - no problem
3rd gear - from low rpm moves up to 3k, there it shakes a bit, and accels past up to 4 and 5 and up okay. I hit this engine stutter also when : I'm driving at speed, and I mash the pedal for a downshift to 3rd and again when it goes through 3krpm it stutters for a sec.

I also tried keeping it in gear and holding it at 3krpm and of course it stutters for as long as I hold it there, it coughs and lurches.

So it sounds to me like the O2 sensor fix did not completely solve the problem here. I see in other threads that there are 4 O2 sensors and a Mass Air Flow sensor. What is their relationship? Should they all have been replaced at once? I'm heading back to the dealer for more repairs... but I want to understand whats up here...

Thanks
- Xavier

Last edited by xavier405; 08-16-2005 at 07:21 AM.
xavier405 is offline   Reply With Quote