Thread: Chicks Car?
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 09:07 AM   #15
TimAustinW

Send a message via Yahoo to TimAustinW
I traded my Boxster in last October on a 911 C2 but did it mainly to get in the 300hp range. I gotta say I miss my Boxster in a lot of ways. If anyone ever bashes on the Boxster and they've never driven a Porsche it's simply jealousy. If it's a 911 owner bashing on it they either have never driven one or they're just acting superior. Love my 911 but I also loved my Boxster. It's a great car. Just don't get a pink one. :dance:

What kills me are Cayman owners bashing on the Boxster when the Cayman is essentially a hard top Boxster with a little more hp. I think this whole "chicks car" thing is a general blanket statement against 2 seater convertibles. Boxster, Miata, MR2 Spyder, Solstice, Saturn Sky, S2000, what have you. The first day I had my 02 Carrera Cabrio some random guy mistook my car for a Boxster and called me a f*ggot from across the street. Then he drove away in his little 30 yr old four cylinder rusted out beater pickup. Plain jealousy.

If you get a Porsche be prepared to be called one derogatory name or another. It comes with the car. I'm fine with that. :dance:
02 Seal Grey, NHP Headers w/ Highflow Cats/2ndary Bypass Pipes, smoked side markers/3rd brake light, exterior match interior trim, 986 Lloyds Mats, 986 deck lid emblem, arctic silver intake grills, ipod link, painted calipers, Glass Window Robbins Top with defroster kit, Bose Sound System, Leather lower door panels, Console Lid w embroidered crest; Stainless door sills; Painted Bumperettes; Custom Hood Crest
TimAustinW is offline   Reply With Quote