View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 06:27 PM   #1
clueless1

Any ideas ... Misfire Cyl 1 and 3

Idle is a bit rough on 2001 S ... bops around 600-800 rpm at idle. I am encountering intermittent Solid CEL, flashing CEL, and nothing at all.

I am throwing P0300, P0301 and P0303 during solid and flashing CELs. I don't seem to be picking up anything when there is no CEL and I read. I once (and only once, out of around 10 reads) picked up a P1126 ... but this is cylinders 4-6, so I'm assuming its a red herring (maybe a slow o2 sensor???) and not related to the misfires on cyl 1 and 3.

I am thinking plugs or loose/cracked coils (wishful thinking?) ... my question is what else could be causing a cylinder 1 and 3 (but not cylinder 2) intermittent misfire?

These two cylinders seem to be misfiring in conjunction with each other (I've never read just a 0301 for example).

What else could this be? Any way a bad MAF or sensor could cause just a cylinder 1 and 3 misfire?

Thanks for all ideas.

ps. And not to be rude but in the interest of saving time, please please please no replies/allusions/witty narcissistic indulgences/ ironic statements / or indirect references to: the cosmic significance of flashing CELs, the need to immediately flat bed the car, the virtues of the dealer (or how much better the porsche reader is than obd), the importance of keeping your original cat after selling a p-car for sentimental reasons, nor the eternal damnation my soul will suffer if I do not immediately do any or all of the above.
clueless1 is offline   Reply With Quote