View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 09:53 AM   #6
Lil bastard

No offense, but these threads always crack me up.

There isn't any Law which states you can't like them both.

It's like some Loyalty Oath, or seeking affirmation/exoneration for buying a Boxster.

I loved my Boxster, but it was time to move on. Notice I didn't say move up or move down, simply move on.

I love my 964, the technology is older, though w/ only 24k mi. on the Odo, it all works perfectly. The technology and performance in the Boxster is newer (better if you will - not so sure when IMS and stuff happens).

I do have to say I enjoy driving the 964 more. It harks back to what a sports car always was, small, nimble, more visceral. Not loaded with driver aids and creature comforts, and definitely better built (as things from past eras often are).

I'm glad I owned a Boxster for so many years, but I don't think I'd have to do it again.

That may be the biggest difference, having owned an '83 SC in the past and loving it, it obviously left an impression and a longing to revisit the experience albeit in a future Gen.

IMHO, the lineage ended with the 993, the 996/997 aren't the same thing at all, at best a very distant cousin. It's a completely different car - 25% larger, 30% heavier, with old-time styling cues and an adopted name. Could have had an '03 996 (which I did look into, test drive, etc.) for the price paid for my 964, but it just wasn't for me.

Cheers!
Attached Images

1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!

Last edited by Lil bastard; 03-17-2011 at 09:10 PM.
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote