View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 03:15 PM   #18
Yoadrian

Thanks!

Not sure what shade of white- I'll have to look at the window sticker tonight.

Clutch was replaced just before I bought it.

I bought it with 118K on it. Since then, I've had a couple of things happen...

- Fuel pump broke.
- ECU got water in on it due to the back window being cracked and the clear tape job wasn't done too well on it. I did my own tape job much better- saving for either a GHAA top or a new back window.
- Drive belt snapped and pulley tensioner warped.
- Two tires blew out- camber is off and I need to do an alignment asap since I just replaced all of the tires.

I have put a lot of elbow grease into cleaning her up.

The headlights were YELLOW when I got it. I used a three step wet sanding process (800, 1000 then 1400 grit), then buffed with a mild compound, polished and waxed. They look new on the outside, a little burned on the actual headlight inside the housing.

Calipers were completely black- back to red now.

Used platicX on the back window many times- it's as good as it is going to get until replaced.

Trying to bring the seats back to life by using leather conditioner every two weeks.

Clay bar and waxed last weekend. Going to do a good clay, compound, polish and wax soon with a friends orbital.

I'm reallly hoping that I don't have to throw too much more $ into it over the next year until it is paid off. These cars are way too much fun to drive!

My son will be born in late May, so this will soon become my weekend ride as long as I am not forced to sell it.

I need more Cowbell!
Yoadrian is offline   Reply With Quote