View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 09:22 PM   #1
shlim8

More cost effective Brake upgrades ??

Now that I've sorted out most of the other issues, I'm exploring upgrade options for the braking.....

Besides the usual upgrade to the "S" front brakes and or aftermarket pads, are there other cost effective brake upgrades.

The "S" front brakes seems to be only marginally bigger so are they really worth upgrading to ??

I'm looking for upgrades such as using brakes from the cayenne or 911 ?? I'm exploring the Cayenne brakes as there is a set for sale coming off a 2011 Cayenne S which someone is taking delivery of, next month. Unfortunately I don't know whether the calipers and rotors will fit - firstly because I'm still on 17" rims and whether the caliper mounts will fit (plus offset ??) ??

Are there calipers/rotors from the other Porsche models that are known to fit with minimal modifications ??

The car is used more for high speed highway driving, not track. Am looking for alittle more confidence in the braking power, which is currently marginally sufficient when you are dodging a truck that just suddenly pulled out in front of you (unfortunately that's the way the drive here) on the highway. I used to have 345mm front and 312mm back on my VW Scirocco and that had oodles of braking power to spare..
shlim8 is offline   Reply With Quote