Thread: Blown Engine
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 07:09 PM   #1
Frank

Blown Engine

Hi,
I have had may car for 10 days now.(99 Boxster with 84120 miles and a tiptronic)Today,I let my cousing drive the car(with me in it).We are coming off a light doing tiptronic mode.We get to 5000 rpms in second (6000 is redline) and loose all power.He quickly turns the key off.Now,we have a ton of grey smote (sweet smelling like antifreeze) pouring out the exaust pipe on around the spoiler like a factory smoke stack.I tell him to put the key to the second spot so I can see the engine tempature and it is in the normal spot.So,we push the car to the side of the road and AAA comes and towes it.Now,I want to cry but try not to think about it too much since my cousing just came here to see me from florida .As the car is going on the flat bed,tons of antifreeze pours out the exhaust.

It sounds to me like it blew the head gasket.Now,eversince I got it the first time it starts up in the day,some gray exaust would come out but I read this was normal and the car had enough coolant.

So does everyone agree that its a head gasket or is it something else?How much for a shop to do the job(just a rough idea).

Please respond asap as I'm leaving for a family vacation tommarro and don't know the computer situation at the house we are renting in north carolina.

Thankyou,Frank
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote