View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 08:14 AM   #1
iluvboxsters

Clutch Slipping???

Hi I'm a first-time poster, my brother gave me his boxster last year in June since he moved to downtown NY and doesn't need a car. I don't drive it very often and since I live in Canada it has been stored in a garage for the winter. However I did not "winterize it" meaning I didn't unplug the battery etc. Instead every 7 days I start it up and drive it for 10-15 minutes to recharge the battery etc.

I'm preparing to take it out in early April, however I noticed that yesterday when I drove it the clutch was slipping a bit, I couldn't get many clean shifts except when going from 1st to 3rd, and starting off in 1st was a little shaky. The clutch has about 70K (kilometers not miles) on it, not sure how my brother drove it but I'm very normal with it. I start in 1st at 1,300 rpm and shift at 2,700, never rip it (ok rarely lol).

Should this be something to worry about or will it go away once I start driving it on a regular basis again? I don't want to have to replace the clutch, I can't afford it this summer, maybe by the end of the year I can.

Thanks for any responses, I'm a little concerned so any input is appreciated!
iluvboxsters is offline   Reply With Quote