View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 09:53 AM   #17
JFP in PA

OK. Let’s put this to bed, once and for all, as I need to get back under a customer’s car. I did not want, or need the item in the first place; I was just trying to make a considered observation after seeing he was getting no activity on his posting..................

The OP said he has a B90-P for sale used for $200, which I said is too much as it lists new for around $230 or so, as I have demonstrated. Then he said no, it was a kit, and not actually the B90-P, that also contained the horse shoe adaptor, to which I commented that would add another $30 (List for the adaptor is actually between $30 and $35 as there are three size horse shoes for different Porsche models), or about $260 total in my world. He said he could not find it for less than $320, which you and others appear to think, may have been correct at the time. Fine. So if he bought it for that, not knowing you can get it in separately, and paid that amount, then that ($320) should be the basis of the selling price in his world. As he was posting to sell it, and “bumping” it due to inactivity, I made what I still feel is the correct observation based upon years of buying and selling shop tooling, he is asking too much. If he can get the price, God bless him, but I still think it is too much.

I’m out of here.............

Last edited by JFP in PA; 02-25-2011 at 11:34 AM.
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote