View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 09:09 AM   #6
uk.agoliveira@gmail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefocke
troubles me. One or the other is usually fixable. But both means there are two problems or there is a serious problem. Examine the fill tanks in the trunk of the car and see if the fluids are intermixed with each other. Any coffee looking foam? There is an water/oil heat exchanger that is known to sometimes fail. Or it could be a major problem inside the block or heads. Still fixable but expensive and how they fix it and what other damage was done can determine the longevity of the car. Or it could be a simple oil leak and water tank cap problem with the cap replacement fixing the problem.

This is a case where I wouldn't buy that car without an independent Porsche mechanic with a wonderful reputation for understanding the internals of the engine inspecting the engine and running lots of tests.
Yep, I understand your point. I wish I could count on a independent Porsche mechanic with that sort of skill set but that's not the case here where I live. I decided to go ahead and if all goes well in 2 weeks time will have my 1st Porsche

One year warranty will come together with the car stating (in the contract) that the problems spotted by the independent assessor will be addressed - at least it would be helpful in case legal action is required (hope not!)

I am going on holidays for 2 weeks and will get the car when I'm back - at least a good reason to get back home...

Cheers,

Alex

Last edited by uk.agoliveira@gmail.; 02-22-2011 at 12:19 PM.
uk.agoliveira@gmail. is offline   Reply With Quote