View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 05:47 AM   #12
WhipE350
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale_K
The ones I saw on the web at one of the companies that make replacement Boxster tops were so expensive that I ruled them out. If you decide to renovate your seats either by replacing the covers or by redying please post the before and after pics. The seats in my recently aquired 2000 S are not responding to the Meguiar's leather treatment/cleaner.

I read an item somewhere that mentioned redying leather seats with high gloss latex paint. I'm not quite that brave yet but my seats need some TLC.
I reconditioned my seats and am really pleased, saves a ton of money. Hard to get good before and after pics in the basement with a flash but I think from the pictures you can see they look awesome.
I did all 4 steps, rejuvenate, clean, prep, dye. If I hadn't had scuff marks I would have only done the first 2 steps. For those out there with nice seats and very few scuffs I would highly recommend the first two steps, you will be amazed at the results.
Since I had to wet sand to dye, the finish comes out very smooth and satin in look. I watered down the dye a bunch so it wouldn't look like paint and wouldn't be too shiny (this was 'my' method, many thin coats). I did the passenger seat first and then the drivers, the drivers came out better because I had learned a lot from the first seat.
First pic is a BEFORE of the passenger, the next two are AFTER on the drivers seat, drivers seat had more wear but less deep scuffs. I filled no wrinkles, I like the slightly wrinkled look, has similar character to my 50 year old face
I used Leatherique (no affiliation), they were recommended by a friend at work. George is real nice and helpful.
Attached Images

Last edited by WhipE350; 02-05-2011 at 06:16 AM.
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote