View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 12:57 PM   #4
e-rick

Squeaky Boxter clutch pedal

I tried several times to fix this before figuring out what needs to be done. If you run your hand up the back of the clutch pedal you'll come to a linkage rod that is attached to the back of the pedal. This is what pushes the slave cylinder in. You need a small can of WD-40 or equiv with a spray tube to fit up in there. I held the can with one hand down between the clutch and brake pedal, and with the other, was able to direct the spray tube to this linkage. Then doing the same thing, go further up to where the clutch pedal actually attaches to the bracket. You can't get to this part from the front or below...that's why you need the small WD-40 can. I actually took a longer tube off a larger can and used it with the small can. Spray generously on both areas. I put a few towels down to cover the carpet first...it will drip down the pedal. With your hand...work the pedal a dozen times or so. Then let the rest soak in. Seems to have done the trick. It's only been a day, but so far so good! Went for a 40 mile ride and it's nice to not sound like I'm stepping on a rats tail every time I shift. It was driving me crazy!
Attached Images

e-rick is offline   Reply With Quote