View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 08:04 PM   #2
Idaho Red Rocket 3

If the car is right and tight, go for it.

I bought my first Boxster in June of 2009 with 107 K miles. It is a '98 Base. It is my wifes daily driver and our road trip touring car. It now has 130 K miles. It was owned by all guys over 50 who loved this car. Me too. It is in great shape and runs, drives, rides and handles awesome.

By the way, I think it is in better shape than the 2000 S we just bought with 48 K miles.

Our base is a great car, but the wife wanted a better sound system and I wanted a little bit of extra power to romp through the mountains and do high speed runs.

Don't get me wrong, Base does a fantastic job, S just does it a little better. Although I do preffer the 5 speed tranny over the 6. Porsche missed a great opportunity to make the 6th gear an extended overdrive for touring.

Base will be for sale very soon. I am freshing up the car for sale with 4 new drilled rotors and new pads all around and 2 new rear tires with a 4 wheel allingment. It realy doesn't show a need for the allingment, but for just $55 bucks more, why not be sure.

If you are interested, let me know. I can meet you somewhere in between Idaho and California.
Idaho Red Rocket 3 is offline   Reply With Quote