Thread: Key Programming
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 05:50 PM   #2
Spinnaker

Unless you have the tag that came with the key originally, there is no way to reprogram it. I had the same thing happen to a new key that I bought to use as a spare. Never used it for about two years, then when I started to use it, it quit working after about a month. LED's still work, same as yours. The stealership said there was nothing they could do since it was out of warrantee. I would have to buy a new key for another $250.00 US.
Now both of my keys don't work the alarm remotely. I just lock and unlock manually now because I'm not going to spend $500 just to get two keys that work.
If you decide to buy a new key, insist that they give you the tag that comes with the key with the code number on it. Then you can reprogram it in the future if it loses the programming again. That was the mistake I made when I bought my new key. They may insist that they remove/destroy the tag for "security" reasons. If that is the case, ask them if they want the sale or you will take your business elsewhere. You can drive down to Bellingham and get one there.

Last edited by Spinnaker; 01-21-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote