View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 12:06 PM   #11
Boxsterund914

I appreciate all the feedback on this. Corner balance would be great and that is the next step but I was really just trying to achieve a useable suspension setting that didn't jar my teeth out at one extreme and one that would control the spring at the other extreme.

All suspensions are, by their very nature, compromises. What I am trying to acheive is a good performance setup for agressive street driving. I finally found a height that works and a shock setting that works. The ride height is low, but not "boy racer low". I used the first "click" on the PSS9 adjusters. I dialed the adjuster all the way to it's most extreme position (full travel to soft). I then advanced to the first click and it seems right on for me. This setting controls the spring but allows the spring to function as intended. It now allows the spring to absorb bumps without over reacting and over damping spring movement.

I didn't like the harshness at the firmer settings but that was not even the main issue. The main issue was that the firmer settings would keep the tires from maintaing a good contact with the road surface. The suspension would react to a bump by moving a slight amount and then the shock would stiffen the movement to the point that the car would bounce up instead of the spring absorbing the impact. I was dancing over the bumps and the suspension just seemed out of phase with the bumps it was trying to absorb.

The settings (clicks of adjustment) do not seem linear. They seem to go from very much too hard to unbelieveably too hard from the second click on....
Boxsterund914 is offline   Reply With Quote