View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 09:21 AM   #18
nefarious986

I reconnected the shift cables today with the alignment tool on. The black cable dropped straight in, and tried to stretched the cable a little as little as possible to drop it in. I ended up having to pull it the 1/4" ( about 3 grooves ). Took it for a short test drive, and still noticed the position change issue a little bit though definitely not as bad as last time when I stretched to cable to where the original mark is. All gears engage without issues, even reverse.

Though I'm still missing the 2nd to 3rd shift sometimes, I think its more 'driver error' until I get used to the new position.

Overall, I still LOVE LOVE the much shorter throw and the 'gated' feel. Porsche really should have added the extra $100 or $200 ( difference in cost for this shifter vs the OEM 986 shifter ) and sold this as a stock 986 part.

Clickman, thanks for your advice. I have to take the car in for service soon ( need new starter, old one is making noise on cold starts ) so I'll have the mechanic take a look at the connection on the tranny side too.

Last edited by nefarious986; 01-18-2011 at 09:24 AM.
nefarious986 is offline   Reply With Quote