View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 11:01 AM   #1
Chase53

Pulled the trigger! Thanks!

I have wanted a Boxster since the first time I saw a picture of one back around '97. The 550 Spyder has always been my favorite Porsche and when I first saw the Boxster I knew I had to have one some day. After 9 months of reading this forum and searching for the right car, I pulled the trigger on a '03 triple black base w/70K, clean PPI and 3 year warranty, it's everything I wanted and more, well, an "S" would have been nice, but it wasn't in my range.

This is my 4th Porsche, ('74 914 2.0, '82 944 & '78 911sc Targa) and is already my favorite. It's been over 20 years since my last last one having kids and all, I don't know how I manged to go so long without one. I put over 200 miles on it the day I bought it (Saturday). I couldn't wipe the grin off my face or stop giggling like a little girl taking the long way home through the wine country.

The Boxster came loaded, but I still need to make her mine. I had planned from the beginning to get some aftermarket wheels, but I really like the wheels it came with, so I'll probably just have them powder coated matte black or gun metal (did I mention it came with a new set of Potenza's with the stickers still on them I like the Cayman style rear spoiler, so that will be on the list. I don't like the single exhaust tip, it needs a duel. With the warranty, I have a little piece of mind until the clutch needs replacing and I'll upgrade the IMS then. I also plan to tint the rear tail lights and add clear side markers. I have a line on a set of "S" calipers and rotors, that might happen but the bank account is a little low right now.

I would really like to thank this forum and all it's members. Without all of the advice and posts I read, I'm not sure I would have waited to find the right car or have been nearly as informed on what to be looking for when I did, this forum is an awesome resource!

Time to go put some more miles on her, does anyone have any advice on how to wipe the stupid grin off my face so I don't look like an idiot driving it??? A couple pics below, the fog has been pea soup here, I'll post some better one's when the sun comes out.

Dan

Last edited by Chase53; 01-17-2011 at 11:07 AM.
Chase53 is offline   Reply With Quote