View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 08:38 PM   #2
WhipE350
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
My 2000 'S' has 54k miles and I just did mine, they had previously been done at 33k so really didn't need it but I wanted to check for leaky tube rings and check how the plugs looked so I figured I mine as well have plugs on hand to install.

I'll take some pics of mine and post them for you, they look similar to yours in terms of color and build up, maybe mine are a little cleaner but in comparing to the Bosch website looked exactly as they should.

Maybe it is your pics (very clear) but you seem to have oil on the threads on more then one of them, I don't recall that on mine...I'll check though.

I found both the coils and the plugs easy to remove. Like all these projects I've done for the first it took extra time (couple hours too, I cleaned things so I can check for any oil leaking in the future). Like everything else on the Boxster after you do it once it takes about 1/4 the time the next time. I did the last 3 in about 20 minutes while teaching my girlfriend, we were working fast cause we wanted to take a spin before dark.
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote