View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 11:30 AM   #1
Boxsterund914

PSS9 setup questions

I have a 2000"S". I drive the socks off this thing and have since new. I totally wore out the original suspension and some time ago installed a PSS9 suspension.

I run it fairly low and have fooled around with a bunch of different ride heights and shock setting adjustments. It has always seemed, well....not quite "right". Too harsh in some ways and too soft in others..

I just had the need to pile a bunch of stuff in both the front and rear trunk (emergency situation..I hardly ever run with anything not necessary in the car). I haven't weighed what all was in there but I guess about 80lbs rear and 80 or so lbs. in the front. TRANSFORMATION! All of the sudden the car was supple enough not to bang you around but tight enough to feel like a performance suspension.

Based upon this, what does the car need? Would lighter springs help? Changing the shock settings? I do not know which way to go to get the car to feel like it has the weight in the trunks at the extreme ends of the car....without having weight added to the car!

Anyone have any answers? Suggestion? ....help.....................
Boxsterund914 is offline   Reply With Quote