View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 03:57 PM   #18
Soetekouw

I have also been thinking about getting rid of my 2007 S. As Jacabean said, I am also getting sick of all the Boxster issues and the cost of ownership. Jake has implied so many times (although not in the same exact words), that the engine is crap and it will fail either through IMS, RMS, water pump, or by just looking at it wrong. Looking at it wrong may not be the right words, because probably what disappoints me most about the Porsche is that you don't get to see the engine unless you tear half the car apart.

If it wasn't for the depreciation hit I would take ($70K to approx. $24K in trade, in less than 4 years), this car would be out of my garage. But I have really tended to this car over the past 4 years with meticulous detail and care; keeping it scratch free and maintenance serviced, that it has become part of the family. I especially like the interior quality and finish. So, what to do? I have never worried more about a car's dependability, until this one.

I do understand that no car/engine is bulletproof, but the cost of problems, or mistakes (if you do your own work) is much higher in a Porsche as compared to similar sport cars. There will be a change in vehicles for me, in the near future.

In the meantime, I do enjoy other forum members comments on what type of vehicle they own, or what they are planning to buy next. It'll give me a good basis for my replacement car. EVO? (never heard of it - I'll need to look it up).
Soetekouw is offline   Reply With Quote