View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 08:13 AM   #11
BYprodriver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacabean
I have been looking at the 2011 lancer evo mr touring brand new . i did have an evo 8 in the past and hated the cheapness about it but never had one issue with the car it was also a very fast and capable machine.
I am getting sick of all the boxster issues and cost of ownership. the worry of the engine blowing up every time i take it for a drive is ridiculous. I can get a loaded MR touring brand new with leather , nav and the more mature looking touring model , plus a twin clutch tranny for just under 40k . Have bulletproof performance and no worries at all . are any of you guy familar with the evo x and what are your thoughts on this vehicle ?
Wow how low has Porsche's reputation sank to consider "upgrading" to a Mitsu for peace of mind & reliability! I understand your thought process & I have thought about buying a EVO so I have a sedan to go with my boxster, bought a IS350 because of Lexus reputation & EVO depreciation. Just got IS350 back from dealer doing 3rd recall in 3 yrs., this time valvesprings recalled. I also agree with you that the Boxster is more fun to drive so I would just get your IMS bearing upgraded & enjoy the Boxster. It will be more cost effective to upgrade the car you have than to buy anything new.
BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote