View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 09:08 PM   #1
Mx-5 driver

Yet another buy a Boxster thread.

Hello.

My names Andrew, and I am looking at a 2000 Boxster S at the moment. I am no stranger to roadsters, but I am new when it comes to the Boxster.

The car I am looking at is priced at around $16,000 CDN, please keep in mind that we pay a little more for our cars here haha. Looking around on the net for similar cars in the condition this one is in, seems to suggest that the price is decent.

I have taken the car for several test drives, and I have noticed a few things. One the idle seems to drop when stopped in neutral, but it comes back up. Research tells me this is normal for some of these cars of that year. Should I be worried?

I have a service history of the car which states that in the past 2 years, the owner has replaced; both rear control arms, the starter, spark plugs, oil/air seperator valve, serp belt, and pvc valve. I am worried because I don't see anything about a timing belt, and since the car is just over 100,000km I'm curious. I am waiting on an oil change history because I know these cars take a fair amount of oil and need to be changed often. So if the owner was cheap they may not have changed it that often.

What issues should I be on the look for besides the ones I have mentioned? should I run away from this thing? Or, look at it a little bit more?

Please keep in mind that I do not drive to my job, and I travel a lot which sometimes has me out of the country for several months at a time. My current car has been drive around 1500km in the past 6 months. I will not be driving this car around all that much. I just want something that I can enjoy when I do get the chance to drive. My current car is just not doing that for me, and it is costing me far more then the Boxster would.

BTW I also have a 2003 Miata which sits in storage on the other side of the country. I can't bring it to where I am now, but when I do make it back there from time to time I drive it.

Thanks.
Mx-5 driver is offline   Reply With Quote