View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 12:19 PM   #18
baxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
put that money into a money market account and kick in another $100 every month (at least). If you read the fine print of those warranties they are chock full of 'get out of paying you for catastrophic claims" language. They'll require all maintenance be done by a licensed mechanic, and I mean everything, no matter how minor like chaning the air filter (5 minute DIY) and you can't miss or be late on a single service item. When you add up how much this will cost you it negates the value of the warranty. I bought one of those when I first picked up this car because it was so cheap I thought what the heck. I opted to pay over several installments. Almost immediately I had a problem, top wouldn't come down. I brought it to the dealer and they said "$4 switch but we have to charge you $140 labor". Fine I said I'm covered "bumper to bumper". The Porsche tech comes back an hour later "you're warranty will not cover it". A $4 switch. So I stopped making the payments and allowed them to cancel the warranty. Glad I didn't pay all up front.
Did you find the language in the b2b warrantee that excluded that job?
baxster is offline   Reply With Quote