View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 06:38 PM   #12
Topless
Track rat

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale_K
The rear tires are part of a matched set of very inexpensive ($300 for all 4) Sumitomo tires the previous owner put on in July 2010. I understand the risk vs reward question about mismatched tires and was willing to accept it. The new tires are listed as "grand touring" tires rather than max performance and I was willing to accept that too. The most I'm out if I junk them is $230 so it's not the end of the world.

Seeing as how I'm not getting much tire pressure advice I'll try out some different pressures and report back. I like the nice quiet ride and the ablility to rotate tires from side to side. No so good for responsiveness though.
Dale,
I am sad to say that tire pressure advice wont fix this. Grand Touring All season tires are just far too different from Max performance Sumis to ever be a good match. Your car will feel like it is on banana peels until you resolve this. If you like the Grand Touring A/S tires, put em on all four corners. You will get a nice quiet comfortable ride good in all weather conditions and sacrifice some grip. Maybe a good tradeoff depending on your driving style.