View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 07:51 AM   #11
Jake D

Well I went to get the car with some chainsaws and lopers in hand and after cutting down a bunch of smaller trees I started looking at the damage and..... I cant find any besides a few scratches. It was getting dark but I pulled it under the gas station lights and could not find any major damage. Looked underneath and don't see anything noticeable there either. I may have just got super lucky.

But... When I went to pull it out, I followed my owners manual that said the tow hook goes behind the license plate. I took all that off and there was no access hole. I end up taking the bumperettes off and still nothing. I ended up putting a strap through both of the bumperette mounts to pull the car out. Unfortunately, the right side mount broke off. I wasn't wanting to use those, but it was getting dark and I couldn't find an alternative.

Does anyone know where the tow hook is suppose to go on an 00S? Could the bumper be aftermarket and nobody cut the access hole out? Guess I'm going to have to drop the rear bumper and try to weld up the mount.

Guess overall if thats the most of my problems, then I still came out very fortunate.

Thanks everyone.