View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 07:28 AM   #7
Idaho Red Rocket 3

Hi Baxster,

You are getting a lot of opinions here. So I have a very recent Carmax experience to share with you. I consider myself to be an informed and somewhat intelligent consumer. My past experiences with aftermarket warranties with cars, motorcycles, p/u trucks and 18 wheelers leads me to believe the Carmax warranty is a good one.

Between Christmas and New Years my Wife and I took a road trip from Idaho to Arizoma just for the purpose of looking around in Phoenix and Tucson Boxster shopping. One of the cars we went to look at was a 2006 at the Carmax in Tucson. The salesman there gave us the detailed explaination of the extended warranty Carmax offers. The warranty is through an aftermarket company called Liberty something. ( I forget the full name.) The salesman took his time and showed us all the differant combinations of deductables and lenth of milage coverages of the plans he could offer on that car. For what I know from personal experiance from being a purchaser and user of aftermarket warranties, I would tell all of the forum members the Carmax plan is a good one. If you are considering buying the Carmax car, ask the salesman to show you the differant plans such as length of milage coverage and with differant deductable levels. The importamt part here is the warranty is designed to be honored at almost any repair shop including a Porsche dealer.
Idaho Red Rocket 3 is offline   Reply With Quote