View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 12:04 AM   #3
Lordblood

The price sounds way too low for a guarantee that would cover a used car for that long, CPO on Porsche's is 2 year/100k miles on cars that do not have the original warranty. I'd say the guy is lying to make the sale, and once you go to him for any repairs he will make some BS up and not work on your car.

Since I was on the market for a Boxster until just 4 days ago, I can say that working with used car dealers, no matter how competitive and prestigious the company is, turns out to be a complete hassle as when you start negotiating price they start to get completely hostile and insult you for negotiating.

A personal story: I live about 600 miles from LA, and there was a nice Boxster S I wanted to see in Thousand Oaks, CA (northern LA). I called the dealer, and said if the car is available I'd like to see it the next day. He said that if we were truly serious about buying the car he would hold the car for us until the next day. We agreed and left the house around 3 PM. The dealer calls back at about 4:30 PM, and tells us that he has found a buyer and will sell his car unless we give him a deposit to hold it until the next day. We did not agree to this offer and turned back and came home, obviously quite upset that he made a bogus promise to us. To make things worse, the next day the guy calls back and asks where we are, because they are waiting for us to see that car.

Moral of the story: don't believe anyone unless its in fine print on a contract.
Lordblood is offline   Reply With Quote