Thread: Litronics
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 07:26 AM   #6
Perfectlap

This was my experience. My Boxster S came with the pumpkins. In 2004 I managed to find a non-Litronic set without the pumpkins. Damage: $700 (I think). Then a group buy with Brandywine Porsche offered them for $1,400 saving you a couple hundred. I thought $1400 was nuts to begin with for a couple of big flash lights but I went along anyway. They came in these HUGE boxes that were big enough to fit a Pershing Missile in. A year later I sold non-Litronic clears for exactly what I paid. I installed the Litronics as soon as they arrived with the special tool that comes in the trunk bundle in about 10 minutes. Turn the key an the old light pop right out. Nice engineering there by zee Germans. In went the new and I have to tell you it was pretty neat how much brighter they were. But once I got on the road at night where I drive mostly in urban areas...not that tremedous. Other much less expensive cars have more lumens. Maybe because there is only one Litronic bulb per side and the fog light is just halogen auto parts store Philips bulb. On country roads at night they were an improvement over those halogen birthday candles. I'm glad I purchased when I did because the Euro's rise against the dollar hadn't yet occurred and they are obviously much more expensive today. But as far as bang for the buck, I'd rate it the worst mod on value of all the mods I've done. I'd sooner put that $1,400 towards the IMS upgrade, better wheels, GT3 seats, GT3 bumper or a hard top.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote