View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 04:04 PM   #11
timothy

Bob, GAHH sells the seat bottom leather but for quite a bit more than the $300 price point.

http://www.gahhinc.com/convertibletops27_57_341_3008/leathercarseats1202/product_info.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob O
BTW...back to the original thread.......I'm also interested in new skins for at least the passenger seat bottom. A while back someone dumped a coke on my seat while ithe car was parked with the top down, and, according to the interior guy I consulted, the acid in the coke completely destroyed the leather. It can't be repaired. I've talked to and used products from everyone out there with no luck. A professional restorer in KC that I consulted said the same thing....no way. Right after it happened I found a compnay on line that supplied skins cut to fit for the Boxster. But now I can't for the life of me find it again. They had colors and exact cuts for all Porsche models. I don't know why I didn't jump on it at the time but I didn't. Anyway, if anyone finds a company that will supply only the seat bottom skin (which this company would for, as I remember, about $300 maybe less) I'd greatly appreciate knowing who it is.

oh..I really don't want to replace both seats (drivers seat is just fine) and I'm not interested in vinyl either. The rest of the seating areas are leather and I'm wanting to replace the bad one with leather too. Any info is welcome!

Thanks

Bob