View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 02:48 PM   #6
husker boxster

Thanks for all the suggestions. The quattroworld forum suggested by gthom seems to be pretty good. At least the threads get responses. Have searched for and found several threads on the issues I'm looking to fix.

At times I've thought all the engineers that flunked out at Porsche ended up at Audi. Seems they design things that are very elegant but not simple.

I picked up the TT in KC and drove it back to Omaha (about 200 mi). Very fun car but confirms my next purchase will be a Cayman. The previous owners had it for 3 yrs and I don't think they spent a dime on maintenance during that time. The disks were almost gone (I've never seen any this low). It has the usual TT foibles - faulty driver's door microswitch, no radio code, turn signal relay issue, and msg center inst display missing lines. I kind of laugh at myself sometimes for buying it because I think of all the guys who buy a "cheap boxster" and end up swimming in repair bills. Have I done the same thing only I jumped into a different pool? At this point I don't think so, but we'll see.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote