Thread: Top Gear USA
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 03:40 AM   #18
JTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyC
If this TG were to be a replacement for the Clarkson/May/Hammond TG, then I would be ready to throw fists. However, because I can still get the original online, and on BBCAmerica, I'm really not that upset about it like so many TG fans are. And I've been a HUGE fan of the original for many, many years.
I am a huge fan also and I agree with you but having TG: USA, AUS, and Russia waters down the brand and cheapens the true Top Gear. One of my colleagues at work knew I was into Top Gear and he was saying how he liked the show but when he was describing the shows he watched I was getting more and more confused. I realized he was talking about the American show. I had yo explain that it was different from the UK version and how it was inferior to the UK show.
Just imagine if there was a Boxster US version that looked like the German car but was powered by an 80's Buick V6 and the suspension from a Pacer. And another Boxster Korea version with all the chassis from a KIA. You'd have to explain how your car was the real German car with the proper flat 6 and balanced suspension.
JTP is offline   Reply With Quote