View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 05:20 PM   #5
RandallNeighbour

Well, I have a 97, I'm running aftermarket 18 inch Carrera lights (not nearly as light as Porsche wheels either) and my car is lowered 1.5 in the rear and 1 in the front.

I even drove the piss out of the car on a track with these rims on it and had no frame damage.

If you ask me, this was Porsche doing some serious CYA. Slauson, on the Porsche web site Q & A section, commented that he did not see it being a problem as long as the car was being flogged on a track with 18's on it.

Ooops. :dance:

I wouldn't let the fact that the car is a 97 keep you from buying it. I would, however, caution you not to buy a 97 that has not had just about every freakin' part on it replaced already with receipts to prove this fact.

The motor should not be original, nor should the coolant overflow tank, and the list goes on and on and on.

Save up and buy a newer S model. What you spend in repairs on a 97 in the first two years will be more than enough to buy a 2000 S in two years.

Seriously. Don't do what I did unless you have found a meticulously cared for 97 with a very fat folder full of receipts and the 2.5 scares the crap out of you and you would never want more HP.

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 12-30-2010 at 05:22 PM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote