View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 06:57 AM   #15
ekam

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyA6
After all that I wish for 1 thing only, a bit more power in the '04 S. The handling with the stock supension and 17" wheels is very nice and plenty "fast", the soft top is a great morning canyon run or evening sunset cruise option, it feels light and alive, the steering is hard to beat by ANY other car. Over time I might do a bit in terms of handling to get closer to the Spyder and def. some engine work. This for the track days.

Conclusion:- my used Box is so much fun and compared to today's 911 offerings I don't see the big reason to change. Now having said that I still want a GT3, closest thing to the old school aircooled cars. Even a real good/sorted 964 like mine built to RS specs would be cool.

Another reason I like the Boxster is more subjective, it has soul and feel. If you ever drove and owned a '70s Alfa or an aircooled Porsche you know what I mean. Of the modern Porsche lineup the Boxster is the one.
I've test drove the new BMWs, Nissan Zs and I've yet to come across any modern sports car that has the same steering feedback as my 04. I couldn't believe how little do people know how underrated our cars are. People nowadays just buy cars by looking at the 0-60 time and how many HP under the hood, or how fast the ring time is.

I drove the new PDK 911s, they're impressive, but they're too expensive for what you get (Porsche admit they have higher profit margin on them than Boxster/Cayman). I didn't grow up wanting a 911, nor did I dreamt of a Porsche.

Now a GT3, perhaps a 996 GT3, now that I will take gladly. But I really have a soft spot for 356 Speedster (more attainable replica).

Last edited by ekam; 12-30-2010 at 07:01 AM.
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote