View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 07:19 PM   #5
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Whip,

Pat's suggestion is a good one that I hadn't thought about. If you can find a good craftsman locally or elsewhere having your original wheel covered sounds like a great option.

Already having a 3-spoke is great since you can reuse your existing airbag. Thanks for the compliments on my car. I'm not sure, but I believe my airbag is stitched because it is leather while the non-stitched variants are vinyl.

Just for reference, have a look at the link to Suncoast Porsche in Florida where they have several steering wheels available. I believe a member here, ekam, recently installed the very nice padded steering wheel. Their website isn't as nice, yet, but Sunset Porsche out west has great prices in case you decide to buy new from a dealer (steering wheels or any other parts). So it is worth giving them a call before ordering OE parts.

http://www.****************************************************.com/category/POTEBXCC.html

BTW, I didn't realize there were any aftermarket steering wheels out there that utilized the OE airbag. I guess I should have known they existed.

I am a PCA member. Carolinas Region, Zone 3. I joined a few months ago but haven't attended any events yet. I've been meaning to attend the Charlotte Cars and Coffee events that are held on the first Saturday of each month at North Lake Mall near the Panera Bread. I've been by there a couple of times without my Boxster and the turn out is fantastic with all kind of great cars. As far as I know it is still on for this Saturday, January 1, 2011. I will be out-of-town this weekend but will try to go in February. I read on the Cars and Coffee Forum that the gathering was postponed one week a year ago due to bad weather. I don't know if that was snow or just rain, but there is rain in the forecast for this Saturday so maybe it will be postponed again.

Please feel free to ask any questions about my mods, general maintenance, etc. I'm no expert, but with all of the knowledge on this forum I'm sure we will come up with some answers.

ddb
ddb is offline   Reply With Quote