View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 02:05 PM   #1
WhipE350
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Suggestions for Steering Wheel and Pipes

Ok so a really important thing to me is the steering wheel in a car. When I get in a Porsche the first thing I notice is how does the steering wheel look, feel to touch, move in my hands. I'm probably nuts, but like with my Benz 09/E350/22k miles the wheel is kept like new and every day I get in it I love it, I actually was going to buy a 07 but the steering wheels were all really nasty.
So anyway I got away from my question. My steering wheel is slick on my 2000 Boxster S with 50k miles and actually when I'm driving the heck out of it kind of not safe. I cleaned it for hours and it looks so much better, but still doesn't feel right. I've been looking at used originals a lot but with black ones you never know what you get until it arrives.
Any suggestions on something after market that would still take my airbag (the car is a manual), I've been keeping the car pretty much original porsche but at this point may bend here.
Also for the exhaust pipes, I have the original welded on dual 2000 S pipes, new ones are really pricey, more so then other stuff I think. Any one suggest someplace I can get some decent ones. I assume I would break the weld and put on news ones that screw in place. I assume it isn't possible to clean my up...or is it.
Thanks for any suggestions.
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote