View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 06:25 AM   #9
Kevlar986

What I did

I recently did the stereo upgrade, even though I'm not a big audio guy, this stock system really did suck. I visited many area shops and picked one that I trusted and that listened to me and what I wanted.

I put in Rainbow X-Plain 6.5's (German Co. of course) in the stock door location and Alumapro 4" in the dash, put a/d/s 6 ch amp in the front trunk and a Nak cd400 head unit(hard to find, been reliable so far, looks and sounds AWESOME!!) And the rear speaker upgrade run to the amp(which sounds better with more power). The shop didn't use the original dash grills but made a template for the speaker/tweeter and covered with black speaker cloth and also covered the door grills with the same cloth. I think it looks good, still stealthy and not flashy but not exactly stock.

I replaced everything because I didn't want to do it piece by piece and I would be dissatisfied with a partial redo. I watched the shop each step of the way and even gave them tips I've read from this board. I'm still having a very small hum from one of the speakers due to electrical interference, not sure how to solve but is not audible with the engine purrring.

Not sure what would improve sound if you only changed 1-2 things, probably amp and speakers. otherwise save up and do all!!
Kevlar986 is offline   Reply With Quote