View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 07:30 AM   #16
autodoctor911

There are a few possible causes.
1. Strut is benttoward positive camber, ausing the control arm to have to be adjusted too far outward in order to achieve -1.5*, in which case you should be able to see that the bolt head on the control arm inner bushing is toward the outside. to onfirm though, measure the gap between the rim and the strut on each side and compare.
2. the rear suspension bracjets have shifted slightly on thebody. look for evidence(witness marksaround where they attatch.
3. the body is bent. in this case, you need a frame shop with real attention to detail, because right now, it will align to spec, so most would not see anything wrong.
4. the ride height is slightly off right now. this id measured from the ground to thereinforcement strut that goes diagonally.
nothing is wrong. I have had almost new Porsches with similiar issues, with no prior damage.
It can usually be remedied by loosening ever thing and shifting it and retightened.

At any rate though, adjustable toe links make aligning the tear a lot easirritation, and on your case, I doubt anything is bent enough to worry about
I am going to order the kit for mine too, just as a upgrade. how much are y'all paying for the kit?
autodoctor911 is offline   Reply With Quote