View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 08:26 AM   #7
WhipE350
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Ya my parts guy said they don't even bother now. Funny thing happened to me though, I put in my new Mintex pads and used some so called 'quality' brake anti-squeal from AdvanceAutoParts that drys to like a rubbery base and they squeaked like all you know what! I was going to just clean the stuff off and use the grease I always use but decide I didn't want to have to do this again. Figuring more surface area was probably better then just the small area from the pistons I took the old shims off the original pads put them in the pistons, loaded it up with anti-squeal grease and they work great...probably over kill and probably poorly used logic but I figured it would work and there were other projects I wanted to work on . Of course too the shims aren't bounded to the pads either but what the heck.
Combining the new pads with Balo rotors the car stops so well and I just love the feel porsche uses on their brakes...I always hit my MB brakes too hard when switching cars.
Side note though, I got the Mintex cause I figure they are TMD brakes like all the others, but man they put off some nasty dust...I should have not been so cheap and just put Okebono on like I did on the MB and lived the dust free life.
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote