View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 07:18 AM   #4
enjoikr3w

The porsche was brought to the auction by a local luxury car dealer. I have the option to return it within 7 days if I discover any costly repairs. Basically, I have a feeling that this porsche slipped under the radar during the auction and I got very lucky.

The auctioneer started the bidding at 13k and went incrementally lower till 10k. There wasn't really a crowd around the car for some reason and the auctioneer got frustrated/confused as to why nobody was bidding and jumped down to 5k. I made a casual bid just for fun thinking I'm waisting my time. I battled with another bidder until 6k but he gave up since he wasnt a serious buyer and was there for something else. SOLD. The auctioneer had a dumbfounded look and said something like "Well I cant believe that we just sold a porsche... for 6k everybody."

I'm still trying not to get too attached to this car and I'm in the process of giving the engine a good look myself before the 7 days run expire. I do not have experience with porsches but I have worked on many other cars (honda, toyota, benz...)
enjoikr3w is offline   Reply With Quote