View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 10:42 AM   #16
SeaNile31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfncpa
I am in the group of I love my Boxster but I need a dependable daily driver. So far things haven't worked out but I am far from giving. Recently spending 3 weeks in a rental car hurt worse than the large repair bill.

I am a total novice about sports cars so I have this question: Are there any other cars out there that feel as good to drive as a Boxster in terms of nimbleness, handling, balanced weight, etc.? I havn't test driven many other cars so i really have no clue. But, the day I bought my 10 yr old Boxster I test drove a brand new BMW Z4 and the old Porsche felt far better to drive to me. I think the mid-engine design is the big difference.
Great questions. That is why I find myself looking for Boxster #4. I loved my 99 base and 01 S and never should have sold the 05 S I bought a year ago. I constantly debate with myself what car to get as a fair weather daily driver. 350z convert is very reliable, less than $20K for an 06+ but I just can't pull the trigger. Vette, just can't do it, that would be worse than a 350z to me. Don't like the looks of the z4 so I keep coming back to the Boxster. Depending on your budget, an 01/02 S for under $19000 is a lot of car. Sure the 987 is more modern but for a good bang for the buck car a well cared for 986 S is hard to beat.
SeaNile31 is offline   Reply With Quote