View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 05:27 AM   #9
SeaNile31

Another thing while we are on the usual IMS discussion as it relates to the car and ownership. Although it is near impossible to figure out the actual failure rate, I am surprised how few Boxsters advertised for sale have new or replaced engines. Maybe I am not reading the ads close enough, but I am pretty sure in the past month or so of looking at cars online, looking country wide, I can only recall one Boxster for sale with a swapped engine due to failure. I think the car had/has 130K miles but new engine 30K miles ago. I would expect to find a lot more cars for sale with different engines.

FWIT, these same discussions go on and on over on the Fchat site. For those that have the courage to step up and say a Ferrari actually has a flaw, they do bring up good points. It applies to the Pcars as well. On one hand you spend all this money on a car and expect it to be flawless, yet it is a performance car that demands a little more care and service, etc. The discussion goes round and round....
SeaNile31 is offline   Reply With Quote