View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 05:20 AM   #8
Soetekouw

Good responses. I figured I would get flamed in the first go-around for being somewhat disloyal to Mr. Porsche. But, we all seem to agree that the Boxster is a fine car with issues that will require a second mortgage to keep going.

FYI. I do love my Porsche. All maintenances are performed ahead of schedule. It is spotlessly clean at ALL times. Very, very gently treated - to obsession.

To 'PlayersExpress'. Yes, the car has grown on me, that, although disappointed, I do not want to use it as trade in for my next car. It is a 'keeper', although sometimes that mystifies me.

To 'Jake'. I agree with you. Exclusive of the engine, the remainder of the car is so damn good. You mentioned that the 911 uses the same engine as a Boxster. Well, I guess upgrading to the next level would not work (unless Porsche puts in a Chevy, Toyota, or Honda engine in their chassis).

To 'Steve Tinker'. Good observations.

To 'Dale_K'. I am seriously thinking about a Corvette and currently have requests for quotes through several dealerships. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't join my other cars within the next 6 months.
Soetekouw is offline   Reply With Quote