View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 07:59 PM   #3
WhipE350
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforrest2
I'm a new owner too, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

I've heard you don't want to lug these engines and maybe a 6 speed is different than my 5 speed, but I don't think you want to be in 5th gear at 2000 rpms.

I get that whistling sound too, seems to be coming from the passenger side front fender at around 30 -35 mph. Might be there at faster speeds but by then, the wind noise would drown it out. I've heard its the vent for the fuel filler cap. Do a search and there's a bunch of suggestings on how to make it go away.

Blinker not making any sound (or very quiet sound) bugs me too.

Other ? I don't know except I heard it's hard to get at the bleeder valve on the clutch.
Thanks for the response!! Darn I think I thought of that the other day and totally forgot to mention it...it probably is from the fuel filler cap...that would explain why it was so loud from there with the top down. I'll do the search!
Actually I was replacing some dash lights tonight and well guess what, the blinker is making a sound...just very quiet.
Ya i don't give it enough gas to lug it, I only drive at that speed and rpm without working engine.
I'll post back what I find.
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote